Read a shortlist of the best hybrid event platforms, including an assessment of their pros and cons based on verified customer reviews.
With hybrid events on the rise, it’s no wonder hybrid event platforms and software are popping up by the dozens. As hybrid events become increasingly popular among event professionals, the quantity and quality of available technology are growing rapidly.
Nonetheless, this constant evolution can prove overwhelming for event professionals. With dozens if not hundreds of platforms to choose from, how do you determine which one is the best?
In a previous post, we highlighted five platform features to consider for hybrid event production. In this post, we draw a shortlist of the ten best hybrid event platforms in the industry.
Our assessment of pros and cons is based on verified customer reviews from three well-known software marketplace sites: G2, Capterra, and Sourceforge. In other words, this shortlist is not based on our own opinion but on event professionals such as yourself who have tried the platforms and posted a review.
Top 13 Best Hybrid Event Platforms
- Communique Conferencing
InEvent is the best hybrid event platform, tried and trusted by thousands of customers in the industry. It is the one-stop shop for managing, marketing, and monetizing any hybrid event from a single platform. The platform offers a range of features and a dedicated mobile app encompassing every aspect of hybrid events, including registration & check-in, live navigation & engagement, networking between virtual and in-person attendees, and post-event analytics & reporting.
- The virtual lobby is clean, modern, and easy to navigate
- Robust video streaming capabilities
- White-label and customization capabilities can bring to life event branding
- Communications manager and email system
- Backend is easy to learn and operate for event admins
- The support team is incredibly responsive, available 24/7 for customer requests
- Networking features including 1:1 speed-dating roulette
- Integrations with CRM, marketing, payment, business analytics, social media, engagement, and API
- Great value for money, pricing is affordable
- Not suited to stand-alone or one-time events
- Not suitable for audio-only events
2. Communique Conferencing
Founded in 2001, Communique is an all-in-one hybrid event platform that empowers event organizers to create immersive 3D designs with dozens of audience engagement features. Communique offers full setup and live support.
- All-in-one solution that includes registration forms, ticketing, webinars, exhibit booths, gamification
- Features to Facilitate Engagement: Personal Agenda, A.I. Matchmaking, Content suggestions, Meeting Scheduling, Networking, Briefcase, 1:1 and small group Video Chat, Webinars, Q&A, polls, surveys, Gamification with Leaderboard, live day broadcast messages, language translation, social media wall, photo booth, and more.
- Easy set up and administration for organizers and speakers
- Immersive Design and Customization: Choose from gorgeous templates or create any custom look you can imagine. Deliver your attendees an experience that wows.
- No virtual backgrounds capability
Founded in 2019, Hopin is one of the best hybrid event platforms. The company has achieved rapid growth in the space by acquiring other businesses: Topi (mobile app development), StreamYard (live streaming), Streamable (video hosting), Jamm (video collaboration), Attendify (event marketing), and Boomset (onsite solutions).
- Ease of setup: you can open an account and create an event in a few minutes.
- High definition video quality.
- Suited to all event sizes.
- Audio and video quality can be poor in breakout rooms
- No virtual backgrounds capability
- Customer support falters after the first event
- Not fully accessible on all devices or browsers
- Limited white-labeling and on-demand capabilities
Founded in 1999, Cvent is a renowned software for event registration and management with solid credentials in in-person events and conferences. The company has recently strengthened its features for virtual events while retaining its in-person component, making it a potential option for hybrid events.
- Robust solutions for registration, data collection, and report sharing
- Ticketing and tracking attendance for large multi-day events
- A steep learning curve for event organizers
- Lack of flexibility and customization of look & feel
- Pricing is on the higher end
- Support is slow for small customers
vFairs is a comprehensive event software characterized by its immersive 3D virtual environments that mimic in-person conferences. Distinctively, the platform’s concept is that the more virtual events recreate the traditional in-person experience, the better they will be.
- Exhibit halls and networking halls
- Animations to replicate the physical location
- Visually appealing environment
- Platform’s backend is challenging to operate for event organizers
- Not suited to academic conferences
- Navigation can be confusing for the audience
- Pricing may not be affordable for small or medium-sized businesses
- Problems in hosting concurrent live sessions
Hubilo is one of the best hybrid event platforms built to deliver interactive event experiences and business results. While its customer base was primarily physical events before the pandemic, Hubilo changed its course and started offering virtual event solutions.
- Front-end and backend are easy to navigate
- Interactive leaderboard
- Sleek appearance
- Native video streaming can be buggy
- Limited data analytics to track attendance and engagement
- Email marketing feature could be improved, with invites landing in attendee’s junk inbox
- Branding and customization capabilities could be better
- Not mobile-friendly
Socio’s platform empowers hybrid events thanks to a virtual software and live event app, including drag-and-drop customization and data analytics. A few months ago, Socio was acquired by Cisco, the American technology conglomerate that includes companies such as Webex or Slido.
- Ability to switch between content tracks
- Attendee tracking metrics and analytics
- Gamification challenge of the app
- Issues with privacy and personal information of attendees (e.g., emails)
- No captioning ability or integration
- The standard template is rigid, lacking flexibility
- The exhibitor capabilities could be improved
SpotMe is another well-known B2B event marketing platform for hybrid events. While SpotMe started as mobile technology, the company has grown to include onsite or hybrid event management tools.
- Invite people via a link or social media
- Friendly user interface and intuitive CMS
- The platform’s price should be lowered
- Limitations of live broadcasting and breakout session functionality
- Incomplete analytics, inability to export data on sponsor’s booths
- Backstage could be clearer to navigate for admins
- Limited ability to edit registration pages
Bizzabo is an Israel-based company enabling professionals to manage virtual and hybrid events. While the product was initially conceived as a networking tool for professionals, it has evolved into a cloud-based event management platform integrating multiple tools.
- Navigation inside the event environment and agenda
- The website builder allows HTML customization
- Registration and payment management
- Restrictions on customization
- Not budget-friendly: every additional feature raises the price considerably
- Push notifications are hard to edit
- The polling feature doesn’t work smoothly
- Reporting could be better
Swapcard is yet another platform recognized in the industry and suited to run hybrid events. Swapcard’s software is heavily focussed on matchmaking, connecting users based on AI technology.
- Moder user Interface and smooth navigation
- Easy to use and log in with a magic link
- Ready-made graphics for event app
- Limited streaming and video capabilities
- Live Q&A feature could be better
- Issues using third party services and SSO
- Customer support could be quicker
Sweap automates time-consuming tasks for event professionals. The platform makes processes like email marketing, guest management and event registration more efficient. Sweap works for hybrid, in-person and virtual events.
- Automated E-Mail Campaigns
- Automated event registration
- No coding or design skills required to craft e-mails and web pages
- Fair pricing that scales with your event program
- Not a good fit for one time events
- Requires 3rd party tools like Zoom to host virtual events
Eventdex is an ideal hybrid event platform that delivers seamless hybrid event experiences. It offers a one-stop solution for all virtual, hybrid, and In-person event needs right from online registration, creating a website, connecting with a mobile event app, poster walk, matchmaking solutions to onsite registration. Eventdex allows event planners to manage all their events from the palm of their hands.
- AI-Powered Matchmaking Algorithm
- Robust AI-Assisted Analytics
- Virtual speed networking with smart matchmaking technology
- HTML customization is possible with the website builder
- Value for money, prices are reasonable
- Dependent on external video production
- Internet speed and connectivity issues based on the location
Expertshare is an online platform for virtual and hybrid events developed by Swiss event industry professionals. They combine their experience, technical skills, and an acute understanding of clients’ needs to create a successful event. Expertshare combines collaboration solutions for live streaming, e-learning, and community in one online platform. The great strength of the software solution is its adaptability to the needs of the customers.
- 3D Modelling Integration
- Data architecture for regulated enterprises
- Platform that combines E-Learning with Virtual Events
- Interactive Attendee Options & Networking
- Fully Dynamic Code
- Not take it or leave it strategy
- Multi-language and multi-time zone functionality
- The price is high
- No native version
With so many platforms to choose from, it can be challenging to know which one is right for your organization. To help you make an informed decision, we compiled this list of the best hybrid event platforms, as reviewed by verified customers. If you want to learn more about InEvent’s hybrid platform, book a meeting, get a free demo and get ready to Go Beyond!
Did you like this content?
Check out our blog resources and sign up for our newsletter to keep updated on the latest trends, features, and more regarding virtual events across the world: