Our new three-part virtual event series, “A Milwaukee for All, combines education and action-oriented conversation for maximum impact. We welcome the community to engage with national and local experts to unpack the effects of racism and structural inequity on people, places and systems.
Each event in the series will include focused conversations using our popular On the Table MKE format, bringing attendees and local leaders together to plan individual and collective action.
Our second session on Sept. 17 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. focuses on early childhood education and features Rhian Evans Allvin, CEO of The National Association for the Education of Young Children, and Sherri Killins Stewart, director of state systems alignment and integration for The BUILD Initiative.
Following the conversation, more than a dozen local leaders will lead On the Table MKE conversations designed to move our community forward. Select from the following topics:
· Educating our youngest learners
· The early childhood education workforce: Vital and in distress
· Attracting men of color into the early childhood education workforce
· Families as partners in early childhood education
· The business of child care
· Early childhood education: A vital economic development strategy
· For the love of our little ones: Why reimagining philanthropy matters
· Coalitions for change in early childhood education
Be prepared to leave this event with ideas for individual and collective action!